question

abosman avatar image
abosman asked

Missing data when internet was not connected.

Hi,

The internet at the customer site went down as did the mains power., The system was functional during the whole time as there are 10kwh LiP04 batteries and virtually no load to speak of. The internet connection is back up yet I have missing data for about 15 days.

Set up is 36 x 320W PV Panels 5kva Multiplus, 3 x 150 MPPT, GX Colour Control, 10kwh LiP04 battery. What could the reason be for the missing data. We log every 15 min and do not have a micro SD card installed yet have 26.43M bytes of free disk space. Will adding a SD card help and if so what is the recommeded size?

VRM
remote-console.png (98.1 KiB)
data-30-days.png (165.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Is it possible that the CCGX itself lost power during the outage or is powered directly off the batteries?

I would recommend installing a microSD card, High quality, and 8, or 16GB would be suitable, depending what is available locally.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brambaut avatar image
brambaut answered ·

As Guy Stewart says, the problem is probably that the CCGX lost power during the outage.

Make sure to power the CCGX straight from the DC-outlet of your batteries, but don't forget to fuse it with a 1A blow fuse. The CCGX will work on any power between 8 and 70VDC.

We have regularly power and/or internet cuts of several days at our setups in Tanzania, but the missing data will loaded into the VRM site as soon as the internet connection is restored. We do use a 8GB micro SD card, but since you still have free disk space, I presume that's not the problem.

2 |3000

neoneddy avatar image
neoneddy answered ·

I have the same problem, running on an rpi with 2.30~40 . Last year when I first started using the CCGX it would always upload the logged data, sometime between last summer and this summer it stopped. I'm using a USB stick for data storage. I was away for 3 days and nothing synced up. Bummed out. I actually used this data to diagnose an alternator failing last year by looking at the log data that was captured while driving.

1557767317239.png (108.6 KiB)
2 |3000

fenix avatar image
fenix answered ·

Same problem for me... no data store on the USB when not connected to internet

2 |3000

hemaris avatar image
hemaris answered ·

I have seen a similar thing - typically missing DC loads. I have SD card, but every 1-2 month VRM dashboard stops recording DC loads (lates event 2 weeks ago). Unlike the issues reported in this thread, the missing DC load data is typically visible in the advanced section. Sometimes I lose all the data (both AC and DC).

See the description my prblem

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/20768/vrm-not-showing-dc-loads.html?childToView=23420#answer-23420

In my case rebooting CCGX seems to help. I am not sure of the root cause of this issue, but I suspect that if the netwrok is somehow dropped during the data transfer this may lead to problems in VRM. I am saying this because I noticed that after changing the recording interval from 5 mins to 15 mins noticed less of such events. I am providing network connection to CCGX from my smartphone hotspot function, so I am turning the network on and off frequently.

2 |3000

fenix avatar image
fenix answered ·

Hello Guy

in my case the Venus (RaspberryPI) did not miss any power, it is plud in the truck camper

i notice that data is missing only when there is no Ethernet or Wifi around

See example bellow

.No data during night (my wifi is close)

-Drove from home to office (My Hotspot is open on my phone)

-During lunch did a spot check... (i was inside the camper. hotspot open)

2 |3000

bonie-wanda avatar image
bonie-wanda answered ·

9ad8b36b-746d-4cda-8b68-eb29ade17389.pngImage CaptionI have experienced a similar issue. venus gx was disconnected from the internet at 6am January 1. venus gx was reconnected to the internet at around 10am January 3.

data missing for the rest of January 1. There was no power outage.
the Venus is powered directly from battery.

399417f7-9592-4e36-802f-37af8688cc89.pngImage Caption

addbcc1d-3b32-40e6-b35f-fedc1a9ef398.png

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic