question

dominic-ewen avatar image
dominic-ewen asked

charge current Multiplus 2

hello victron guy´s,

I have a multiplus 2 gx and the charging current bever exceeds 31A. The datasheet says 35A.

The multi is connect to a grid in Germany.

Batterie is LiPo. with 2 channel BMS

MinV=45V

MaxV=60,75

Capacity= 100ah

Why doesn´t the current go to 35A? What can I do ?

Multiplus-II
screenshot.jpg (88.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Dominic Ewen

If the BMS in the battery is connected by a data cable it could be dictating to the color control what the charge current should be and limiting it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dominic-ewen avatar image
dominic-ewen answered ·

There is no data connection to the bms. Only two channels digital. Charge and discharge allowed. The bms is an own development. Thanks for your support.

2 |3000

jweij avatar image
jweij answered ·

Did you ever solve this problem?

My Multigrid 24/3000/70 is charging at 60A max although it's configured at 70A.

I already tried disabling "weak AC" and increased AC in current limit wich don't change anything.

2 |3000

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi all,

this is normal, the 35 amp is the maximum charge current at 48 volt, higher voltage means lower charge current (charge power remains about the same)

1 comment
2 |3000

jweij avatar image jweij commented ·

that makes sense, in my case then still it's quite a bit lower than 1680W...

60A @ 26V is only 1560W.

I'll consider it as tolerances.. thanks for the explanation!

0 Likes 0 ·