question

2013-sprinter avatar image
2013-sprinter asked

TS800 50A buck boost. Input LED (blue) flashes when there is vibration. Has anyone else experienced this? TIA

Hello. We have a solar/B2B setup with an inverter in a camper van. When vehicle is stationary and ignition is off and there is a tiny amount of vibration (knocking the floor 1m away or nearer), the blue LED flashes. Switched of the inverter last night and it looks like the issue has disappeared. This is a Victron system is installed by a company that I'm v happy with. Has anyone had this before? Thanks

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2013-sprinter avatar image 2013-sprinter commented ·

Thank you very much Justin - as I thought that I'd read the manual fully! Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@2013 Sprinter, what you're seeing is the engine running detection circuit being activated; it's a vibration sensor that activates the unit (ostensibly when you start your engine), whereupon the unit starts looking for charge voltage - this is denoted by the blue flash. When the unit doesn't see the requisite voltage (because the vibration it sensed wasn't actually caused by the engine running), the unit goes back to standby mode.

See page 7 in particular of the user manual for some clarification of this operation.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2013-sprinter avatar image
2013-sprinter answered ·

Thank you very much Justin, as I thought I'd red the manual. Cheers!

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@2013 Sprinter no worries - the manual isn't exactly forthcoming on how the engine running detection circuit works, so even if you did thoroughly read it, I'm not sure that you would have known that that's what you were seeing. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·