question

adriansantosmd avatar image
adriansantosmd asked

100/20 MPPT LOAD output does not disconnect on low voltage

100v/20a mppt seems to malfunction. just got the unit, programmed on streetlight mode with user defined load output, off <12.5v and on >12.7v. When i checked the status, battery was already at 12.2v and load is still on. programmed the settings via victron connect and jumper was removed. Any inputs?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@adriansantosmd, the Streetlight function is a bit tricky with the ways it interacts with low-voltage cutoff/restart settings; see here for an in-depth explanation of Streetlight function and its multiple settings.

Please thoroughly read the documentation on what Streetlight mode is for and how it needs to be set up so that LV cutoff/restart settings don't conflict with its primary operation parameters, since Streetlight mode "on" overrides several of the other user settings; after reading, please make sure that your MPPT is running the latest FW (1.46 or 1.47 if running through VRM), then double-check that all your settings are in accordance with the above documentation and then, if you're still experiencing issues, please post screenshots of the settings that you currently have configured so that we can identify where the conflict in settings may be.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adriansantosmd avatar image adriansantosmd commented ·

Hi, I disabled the streetlight and just used the cut off algorithm, its still wont disconnect at set voltage. Low voltage set at 12.5, but in the morning, it went down to 12.19. It has the latest firmware 1.46 and the jumper connection was removed before any changes in the settings via bluetooth. Any advice?

0 Likes 0 ·
adriansantosmd answered ·

Justin,

Have read the manual, i have 2 victron, the 75/15 i purchased last year is cutting off the load with the same settings (pls see attached pics). Just this 100/20 is not cuttting at the set voltage. below screenshot of the settings

3 comments
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@adriansantosmd what FW version is the 100/20 on? And, how long was the load output on after the LV threshold had been reached? I've on occasion noted some mild (<~20 second) variation in the 2-minute delay between threshold and cutoff.

0 Likes 0 ·
adriansantosmd avatar image adriansantosmd Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

got the latest firmware, my cut off is set to 12.5, but monitored it when it dropped to 12.49 and after 1.5 hrs load is still on and battery went down to 12.42.

for some reasoj, the uploading if the screenshots are denied

0 Likes 0 ·
adriansantosmd avatar image adriansantosmd Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

822pm noticed its below 12.5v and later at 9:19 pm still the load output is ON. will observe the next few days, if its still like this, il just return the product

0 Likes 0 ·
ttbb avatar image
ttbb answered ·

Same situation here....

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/42227/mppt-7515-smart-charger-does-not-cut-off-load-when.html

No concussion yet but see if the 'Rx port function' is set to

"Load output on/off normal'

If so set it to

"Load output configuration"

Load output on/off normal is if you want to control the load output with the RX pin on the VE.direct port. If it has been set I assume it totally overrides the other settings unless you set 'always on' or 'always off'

When i checked I found my smart solar was set to Load output on/off normal yet i had not changed it to that. Is the controller a smart solar or blue solar? blue solars had not changed so possibly a bug in the smart solar firmware???

1 comment
2 |3000

adriansantosmd avatar image adriansantosmd commented ·

its set to load output configuration, its a smart solar

0 Likes 0 ·
adriansantosmd answered ·

Hi Justin,

Unit replaced by amazon.

still having the same problem. is it software problem? its has the latest firmware updated. my other victron 75/15 is working properly on disconmecting at voltage set

Still cant have the low voltage disconnect function properly

attached are pics of the setup

2 |3000

rjenningsuk avatar image
rjenningsuk answered ·

Same issue here. Everything set as suggested but it just refuses to cut off under the voltage even after 20minutes of running. Something definitely fault with the hardware.

Makes me wonder if Victron are doing it on purpose to get people to buy battery protects...

2 |3000

phl avatar image
phl answered ·

Did anybody find a solution for this? I am running into the same issues and don't want to destroy my battery.. Disconnect voltage is set to 25.6v but as you can see it turned down below 25v this morning with no cut off. screenshot-20220805-100140.png

1 comment
2 |3000

phl avatar image phl commented ·
by the way I am not using the streetlight function
0 Likes 0 ·
phl avatar image
phl answered ·

I read the solution in this thread lately but now it has been removed again?! is completely disconnecting the device and reconnecting without the jumper not the right way to get it to work properly again?

2 |3000