question

jonsouch avatar image
jonsouch asked

Help with understanding CAN bus MPPTs connect and display

Hi, I have 4 Smart MPPT 150/70 Can Bus connected together, they are charging fine as a Total input from my panels on the BMV but the CCGX only shows the Watts from one of the MPPT's.

Cannot understand the complete lack of settings out there on how to actually setup the latest VE Can Victron MPPT's, with a Victron Multiplus, Victron BMV and Victron CCGX, I have got it working in a fashion but as you can see from above not quite right.

Any help would be much appreciated.

VE.Can
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Can you describe/confirm how you have the 4 MPPT units connected together and to the GX device?

0 Likes 0 ·
jonsouch avatar image jonsouch Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, have used the victron supplied VE can RJ45 cables between each MPPT and onto the CCGX and installed terminator plugs in both open ends(one in CCGX and one in first MPPT)

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ jonsouch commented ·

Can you confirm it you are using the 'new' SmartSolar MPPT units with VE.Can and VE.Direct interface? https://www.victronenergy.com/solar-charge-controllers/smartsolar%20mppt%20ve.can

Or the old units with Can interface only?

Also please confirm what firmware version you are running in your CCGX and in all the MPPT units.

Also check the Canbus settings in the CCGX - speed should be 250kbps (under settings > services > VE.Can port).

To comfirm, exactly where is the solar power from a single unit displayed - on the main overview screen or in the device list?

It would be helpful if you could provide some screen images or photos of the CCGX overview screen and the device list showing this.

0 Likes 0 ·
jonsouch avatar image jonsouch Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Hi,I have the latest MPPT's with Can Bus and VE Direct.

Firmware on the CCGX is v2.42

MPPT's are all at v1.04

The Setting is set at 250kbps

the solar power from the single MPPT shows up on device list on the CCGX and the Overview screen,and the both only show that MPPT's solar yield.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ jonsouch commented ·

So do all 4 MPPT units appear as a separate device/line in the device list? (with only 1 MPPT showing a solar yeild)

Or is there only 1 MPPT/line showing in the device list?

If you could provide any supporting screen images it would be helpful.

But first thing I would do after checking software is change/swap all the network cables. Cheap cables are known to be problematic.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Have you plugged a terminator into the last MPPT and the 2nd Can-port of the CCGX?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonsouch avatar image
jonsouch answered ·

Hi, I can confirm yes I have.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic