question

anton avatar image
anton asked

Expanding my EasySolar 48/3000 system

I have a EasySolar 48/3000. I want to expand my system to be 48/6000. I want to add another 48/3000 Victron product and a generator for stormy weather. Which Victron do you suggest? Will I be able to monitor/control all of these components through my existing EasySolar's color control?

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

At home we are running a easy solar 24/3000. For rain and low light conditions we have added another Solar mppt charge controller and full set of mono panels to match plugged into the colour control with ve direct so the system can control them as needed. Our next step should be to add to the battery bank and we will be golden. Since our energy needs have not gone up, they are just not being met during the weather conditions, we did not see it necessary to add another inverter.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Anton

Yes, you could just add another Multiplus. But if you want to link them master/slave fashion (not separate circuits) you'll need to match them.

I think the 'Product Identifier' (available via VRM) would be sufficient to do this. It'll be 26xx, and there's possibly a little leeway with the xx's, but you'd best speak to your dealer about that to ensure you're covered if they supply something that's 'more available'.

I'm not sure how the pair reports on VRM in terms of data, but I'd still expect access to their settings individually. If not, the master would do it anyway.

They just hook together with a single VE.Bus cable (ethernet type) to sync.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.