question

lachlan-watt avatar image
lachlan-watt asked

Multiplus won't turn on with display connected/inaccurate battery status

Multiplus 48/3000/25

Inverter will not turn on with Ethernet connected to the display how do i correct this issue?

Also have the display powered by 48v directly off the batteries , this causes the display to never be able to show 100% charge.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Hi @Lachlan Watt We'll need more info to help you. Please confirm your Multi model no?, battery V? and display type. Also what is the source of your SOC?

0 Likes 0 ·
lachlan-watt avatar image lachlan-watt JohnC ♦ commented ·

Its a Multiplus 48/3000/35

Batterys are 450ah 48v

Display is a GX colour

The only dc load is the display .

Battery monitor is enabled and is set to

SOC when bulk finished 85%

Battery capacity 450ah

Charge efficiency 0.85

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Lachlan Watt, have you tried using a different RJ45 UTP connector between the CCGX and the MultiPlus? And - are you using Victron UTP cables, or an aftermarket cable?

Does the MultiPlus function properly without the CCGX connected? It looks like you have the CCGX powered up - does it show the Multi's status correctly? What state is the switch on the CCGX in?

Please post photos of all cable connections both inside the MultiPlus as well as at the rear of the CCGX, as well as photos of the main screen of the CCGX and the device list, showing the switch state of the MultiPlus device in the CCGX.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lachlan-watt avatar image
lachlan-watt answered ·

Hi , Justin

Its an aftermarket UTP cable , Should i try genuine?

I've attached photos of the screen and all connections .(no batteries currently connected but have had same issues with batteries connected.)

img-3415.jpg (3.0 MiB)
img-3416.jpg (1.4 MiB)
img-3417.jpg (3.1 MiB)
img-3418.jpg (3.1 MiB)
2 |3000