question

jonsouch avatar image
jonsouch asked

Solar Power not displaying on my colour Control GX

I have a colour control GX displaying Geny input AC loads, DC loads normally, but I have changed to 4 x MPPT 150/70 Smart Controllers with Ve Can Bus so I can link my Solar Arrays together, both ends of the chain have terminators fitted and controllers linked together and connected into the Ve Can Bus socket on the CCGX , all Victron Ethernet cables for the job, but the solar output will display. Any ideas. The MPPT's are all working correctly in that they are charging my batteries and controllable with BlueTooth and the total solar input shows correctly on my BMV, but just nothing on the CCGX.

VE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@jonsouch, this may be a stupid question, but have you ensured that the second VE.Can port in the back of the CCGX also has a terminator in it?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonsouch avatar image jonsouch commented ·

Thanks for your help though, Thanks, Yes terminator is instal both ends of daisy change. have found the problem, the final daisy change cable from MPPT to CCGX has Battery BMS tagged and other end has ve can, found that by having the Battery BMS tagged end into component(MPPT) it now displays PV, ?????

All a bit odd.

But have another display issue, see latest post as to why I have strange devices listed.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks for your help though, Thanks, Yes terminator is instal both ends of daisy change.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Aother thing to check is if your CCGX CAN-bus port is enabled and on the correct setting.

Settings -> Services -> CAN-bus.

can-bus.png (38.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks, checked that and is enabled, have found the problem, the final daisy change cable from MPPT to CCGX has Battery BMS tagged and other end has ve can, found that by having the Battery BMS tagged end into component(MPPT) it now displays PV, ?????

All a bit odd.

But have another display issue, see latest post as to why I have strange devices listed.

Thanks for your help though

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic