question

mike79 avatar image
mike79 asked

Which charger for 7 batteries?

Hello, I was looking at a Victron Phoenix 50+4 12v for my sail boat. The boat has 2x 60amp batteries at front for winches, 4x 100amps batteries for services, and 1x 60amps for the motor. Does anyone know if this charger would be suitable without adding further splitters or chargers? I was thinking to obviously put the lower amperage channel to the motor battery, then the other channel of 50amps to the the bank of 4 batteries, then the final output of 50amps to the 2x 60amps for the winch. Be very grateful for some help on this. Thanks

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Mike79

If your batts all have muchly the same needs, then yes, that's what they're for.

Note that the 50A is total output, not each output, but that's about right for you anyway.

There are several models though, and the deciding factor on which to choose may well be whether you want to cover a 'global' wide-ranging ac supply.

https://www.victronenergy.com/chargers

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic