question

Ingo avatar image
Ingo asked

Quattro "AC high disconnect"?

Can anyone explain the AC high disconnect setting a bit more. What will happen when a grid spike exceeds the set value?

1. Will the input be disconnected in a similar way to a grid failure? No power feedback from PV/Batteries back to grid?

2, While the Quattro goes to Inverting mode, will it also trigger the ACOut2 relay?

3. If I have an Assistant for ACOut2 Relay that only specifies Grid Failure > 0s, how can I also include AC high disconnect as well?

It 'seems' that the transfer switch does switch over when the AC high triggers but ACOut2 Relay does not disconnect. This means everything is powered from batteries.

Ingo

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) answered ยท

1. Yes, As soon as the grid (or generator) voltage goes above or below the AC input voltage window, as set in VE.Configure setting, the AC input relay will instantly open and the Quattro will disconnect from the AC input and it goes into inverter mode.

2. Yes, this is the default setting of the AC output relay. As soon as the Quattro goes to inverter mode the AC output 2 relay will open and the AC output 2 loads are disconnected.

3. Assistant programming can override the standard functionality of the AC output 2 relay. There is indeed no option for high voltage. For example, if you make the relay switch on the "AC input" condition the relay stays on as long as there is AC connected, even if it is high AC.

But a work-around is to let switch the relay on "charge state" condition. Program the relay to open when the "no charging" condition occurs, and close the relay when the "charging" condition occurs. This way both over and under voltage are covered. Or just keep the AC-out relay at its default functionality :-).

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ingo avatar image Ingo commented ยท

Can I combine the existing assistant with the charge state? The initial idea is to disable ACOut2 relay when on Generator as it's not sufficient to drive my heavy loads.

*Please could you also list ALL the standard functionality of the ACOut2 Relay when no assistants are configured so I can take it into consideration next time, and also for everyone else's benefit following this thread.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Ingo avatar image Ingo Ingo commented ยท

Hi @Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) I've had numerous power spikes/dips and even after adding the additional Assistant condition to look for 'Inverting Mode' the ACOut2 Relay still doesn't disconnect my heavy loads when a power spike/dip happens. The last one was this morning while I was working on my PC and I saw the inverter go to Inverting mode but my heavy loads remained connected.

0 Likes 0 ยท