Daily charge 14.8
Float charge 13.5
Equalize charge 16.2

What settings on my 75/15

Many thanks

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spirou avatar image spirou commented ยท

Just replace daily charge with absorbtion, other names are the same

0 Likes 0 ยท
2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ยท

Hi @Sabino

I'd just select a standard Victron 'Flooded' profile. Indeed you may find that loaded by default. The Abs V will likely be 14.4 rather than 14.8, but that won't matter. It may well rise close to that with temp compensation in cold weather.

Sometimes the boffins in batt testing labs get a bit overexcited, and they don't have to live with em or make em last. And if your advice came without mention of temp comp, then it's incomplete advice.

I find the stocko Victron settings suitable for my floodeds.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sabino avatar image sabino commented ยท

Many thanks for your reply

The battery default choices I see are

Default (Gel Victron deep charger 2) which it is still set at

then

AGM Spiral

Gel Victron deep dischage (1)

Gel Victron deep dischage (2) This is being used

Gel Victron long life (OPzV)

I don'r see one specifically for my flooded wet cells.

Thanks again

0 Likes 0 ยท
sabino avatar image
sabino answered ยท

Many thanks for your reply

The battery default choices I see are

Default (Gel Victron deep discharge 2) which it is still set at

then

AGM Spiral

Gel Victron deep discharge (1)

Gel Victron deep discharge (2) This is being used

Gel Victron long life (OPzV)

I don't see one specifically for my flooded wet cells.

Thanks again

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC โ™ฆ commented ยท

Yeh, I'm unfamiliar with your kit/firmware, and I guess you've picked out the available selections you've recognized as pb's. Sometimes it might actually point out the difference(s) when you select a new one, so you don't have to grope about trying to work it out yourself.

If it sez 14.4 Abs & 13.8 Float, you likely can touch those up, but I wouldn't bother (just me). A gel profile is likely on the easy side of aggressive, and won't have Equalize. I don't use it myself, but if you must you'll need to find an algorithm that does..

This isn't too serious an issue either way. And easing back on an aggressive Abs won't harm your batts. If you see options like 'Adaptive' or 'Battery safe', they won't hurt either.

0 Likes 0 ยท