question

mlsadler avatar image
mlsadler asked

Inductive Load on Multiplus

What effect does inductive Load like a flat iron rated 1400W and Electric Kettle rated 2400W have on a MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100, and is there any challenge i may face if i ran my multiplus 24/7 given the fact that am using an off grid system or do i need to switch it off once in a while

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic โ™ฆ commented ยท

A clothes iron and a kettle are resistive loads.

0 Likes 0 ยท
mlsadler avatar image mlsadler commented ยท

Sorry the inductive Loads i meant are trademill and washing machine, then please you can advise on resistive loads as well

0 Likes 0 ยท
1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ยท

So, your MultiPlus is 5000VA. It will provide 5000W into resistive loads who's power factor is 1.

You need to find out the power factor or the the VA rating of your inductive load.
You inductive load might be power factor corrected which will bring the power factor close to 1, or the VA rating will be close to 1400VA. If the power factor is not 1, then the VA rating will be higher.

The kettle should be a resistive load, so power factor would be 1 and will load the MultiPlus with 2400VA.

The two together (assuming the Flat iron is 1400VA that will add up to 3800VA. It's unlikely that the kettle will run 24/7 right?

If your ambient temperature is on the high side, then keeping the MultiPlus' inside temperature down would present a challenge at high loads.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mlsadler avatar image mlsadler commented ยท

The Kettle runs a few times a day, the washing machine is rated 2000W while the treadmill is rated 1300W, i dont really know their power factor, and also these applainces don't really run concurrently to over burden the inverter, but my question and concern is the routine usage of these appliances does it have an effect on the lifespan of my inverter

0 Likes 0 ยท
wkirby avatar image wkirby โ™ฆโ™ฆ mlsadler commented ยท

No, the routine running of them does not affect anything as long as you keep within the limits of the inverter rating of course.

As with most electrical equipment in general, the cooler it runs the better.

0 Likes 0 ยท
mlsadler avatar image mlsadler wkirby โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

Thanks for that response

0 Likes 0 ยท