question

fruityone avatar image
fruityone asked

MultiPlus Compact 16A Breaker on front panel tripping above 11A

Hi All,

I have a MultiPlus Compact 12v/1600va/70a with a digital multi control panel.

The system was installed on my boat less 6 months ago by a marine electrician in the UK, the boat and me are now in Valence, France.

I am connected to 16amp shore power, the multi control is set to charge only, current limit dial is set to 16amp, there are no warning lamps.

Until the last few days everything has been working well, but now when I draw current above 11 amps the 16A breaker switch on the front panel of the MultiPlus Compact trips out within a minute or so.

The breaker on the front panel of the MultiPlus Compact has tripped previously if i have inadvertently pulled more than 16 amps but is now doing it at only 11 amps.

My main energy use is 3 x 1kw oil fired radiators which pull a total 12 amps meaning I can now only run 2 of them and it is getting very cold here !

please can anyone help?

inverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Fruityone I would start as usual by checking physical connections, but won't discount a faulty breaker. Testing the actual current draw of the heaters individually as well as together as well as surges they produce could highlight spikes and subsequently overloads. Maybe you have provide some VRM graphs of the AC draw etc

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic