question

iridiumdawn avatar image
iridiumdawn asked

Configuring BMV-712

Hi folks, I am using a BMV-712 to monitor the 12v battery in my Smart electric car. I have installed a sound system and needed a way to determine if the draw from my system was exceeding the car's capacity. (it seems to manage fine)

When the car is running, the car's high voltage 24v battery uses a DC charging system to recharge the 12v battery which controls all the electronics of the car. When the car is off and is plugged in to shore power the charging system also is charging the 12v battery. The charging terminates when the high voltage battery is fully charged. Charging time is based on the high voltage, not the 12v battery, so it is possible that if the 12v was at a low state of charge, and the car charges for 1 hour and stops it will not fully recharge the 12v battery.

I am struggling to understand how I set the parameters of my BMV monitor to accurately tell me the state of charge of my 12v battery.

I can't seem to understand how to determine the tail current required or the float voltage etc.

The battery is a FIAMM 12v (L2EFB) 60ah

When the battery is charging the monitor shows a range of 13.6-14.7v

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers