question

jorvik-rose avatar image
jorvik-rose asked

MPPT Connection question

I have a Quattro 3KW system with shore power and generator input. The system is wired through a DC link box. I am looking to add a 150w solar panel and a Smartsolar MPPT 75/15. My questions are:

Can I connect the MPPT battery output to the battery side of the link box or should I connect it directly to the battery?

Where do I connect the load terminals on the MPPT? I noticed that the larger MPPT controllers don't have a load connection, so do I simply leave these without connection?

Many thanks,

Christian

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ยท

Please post a photo of the link box but ideally directly to the battery - or as close to it as possible to reduce losses as a result of resistance.

The load output on the MPPT is probably not necessary in your setup - you would use it if you has something like a 12V fridge or similar that you wanted to power directly from the MPPT. You will see that only the smallest MPPTs have this feature, the larger ones do not.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jorvik-rose avatar image jorvik-rose commented ยท

unfortunately i'm not near the installation for a few days. It is Victron DC linkbox installation, was thinking of connecting to the battery positive connection on left hand bus bar as its the easiest and only about 600mm from the first battery.

0 Likes 0 ยท