question

svsimple avatar image
svsimple asked

Color Control GX Local LAN Monitoring

I'm considering replacing my solar controller (Outback FlexMax + accessories) with a set of two Victron 75/15 and the Color Control GX for monitoring.

I have seen the VRM portal details and docs on the JSON API to get data from the portal, but I need to get data locally via TCP/IP, without relying on an active internet connection. From the documentationI've read it is not very clear if this is possible or not.

What are the possible ways of getting data from the Control GX via the local LAN?

Also, what Victron products do I need to monitor battery input/output? In my current system I use a FlexMax FNDC with several shunts for the different charge sources and between the batteries and load. I'd like remote access (via VRM and on local LAN) to all this data so I can analyze it using customer software.

Thanks!

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Hannelore Winter avatar image
Hannelore Winter answered ·

Hi, @svsimple

Regarding Lan, I can help you:
In the CCGX menu, go to Settings -> Ethernet and you will see the IP address in the local network. It is assigned automatically if the router and the CCGX configuration are set to automatic (in my example -> Manuell)

lan.png (57.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

svsimple avatar image
svsimple answered ·

Thank you for the screenshot. Once I have the IP address, I believe the monitoring needs to be done via ModBus TCP?

Can I retrieve current data parameters if I SSH into the system as well?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic