question

arke avatar image
arke asked

DVCC 64 volt limitation

Hi

I have touched this topic before but I need to express a limitation that I wish was fixed in the DVCC functionality. My system is quite large with three 15 kVA Quattros, four SmartSolar MPPT 250/100, 180 kWh lithium battery storage and that is controlled by a REC BMS.

When designing the system I did it based on the voltage range the inverters and MPPTs are capable of and that is up to 66 volt.

But, the DVCC is limited to 64 volt and I guess this is due to the Quattros internal chargers are not able to go higher. This means that the DVCC is limiting charging from the MPPTs to 64 volts also. I am not sure why? Can this be fixed? That the Quattros can charge up to 64 volt but if the MPPTs have possibility to charge higher that the DVCC allows that?

In an earlier post I was recommended to change the battery configuration to lower max voltage but that is a huge task and I would not be able to utilize all cells in that case. Leaving cells worth 6.000 euro unused.

If Victron makes a software change I am willing to beta test it.

//Cheers!

DVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
arke avatar image
arke answered ·

Any Victron staff that can comment this?

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sorry only thing I can think of is not using DVCC, but I'm not exactly sure what's best.

What kind of batteries are you using?

0 Likes 0 ·
arke avatar image arke Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Daniël

The cells are made by Enerdel.

https://enerdel.com/me350-049-rd-bo/

0 Likes 0 ·

Those are 12s modules. I assume you have 16s modules, if you can bridge 1 cell, you have 15s, and that's a lot easier to use in a 48V system.

0 Likes 0 ·
arke avatar image arke Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

The modules have been rebuilt so each one produces 4.1 volt and there are 16 in series. A total of 128 modules... It took a few months to get everything done and in place.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Arke

Ah that's a shame, 12S modules are perfectly usable, and up to 15S is even better.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources