question

nonoceb avatar image
nonoceb asked

microcode update fail on mppt 250 85 solar regulator

the firmware update fail to load the second microcode (the screen on mppt as stuck on "BOOT").
Offcourse i try to wait long time but nothing, i disconnect solar pv, disconnect batterie and now i can only get connection over bluetooth that give me some information about bootloader and microcode version but nothing working, and not able to make a new update.

Is it possible to reload microcode firmware with a rs232 VE direct interface? (the device led bulk and float blink alternatly fast : looklike mppt is in bootloader mode waiting for microcode feeding)....
what can i do to reprogram it? it's crazy to force user to update a firmware on a perfect functionning device!

i 'm technician, good knowlege on embedded system, serial link, tftp update, etc...

I need help to restore my mppt to factory state.
thanks,
sebastien

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @nonoceb

Do you have a ve.direct to usb cable? this is the best way to correct a firmware update.

if not: please contact your distributor / dealer to help you with this, if they can't help they should replace the unit (but usually this can be corrected)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nonoceb avatar image
nonoceb answered ·

Hi,

today i as able to restore this microcode to 1.46 from the app VictronConnect over bluetooh.
the solution for me : just keep the solar charger connected to battery 2days (disconnect pv for security) and the app magicly ask for update (current microcode : none, after it show 1.46).
Looklike v1.47 update was removed.

tip : on proffesionnal.victonenergy website to download firmware, there is no crc hash to check the microcode integrity before flashing.

but everything work again so im happy and my custumer too.

2 |3000