question

Gregory Cavanagh avatar image
Gregory Cavanagh asked

Controlling Multiplus 12/1600/70

Hello Everyone,
I am planning out my victron build for a small offroad Caravan and just want to know a few things,

I want to put a 12/1600/70 Inverter Charger in to handle all the 230V GPOs and AC charging,
Ill also have a BMV712 and a Digital Multi Control 200/200A wired via the bus port
I am hoping to wire the relay in the BMV712 that at 50% SOC it will switch off the inverter, this way it doesn't accidently get left on with heavy loads.

Now my question is, is the above possible but also, will the BMV relay override the Digital Multi Conttrol?

Example 1 i can think of

Plugged into site power, running AirCon at 1200 Watts, The Multi Control is set to "On"
Someone unplugs or trips on the cord, Inverter switches over and now runs the load fine,
No one notices, so battery SOC drops to 50% BMV relay activates, telling the remote on/off to be off,

Will the BMV relay win over the MultiControl that is still set to "on"?

Thanks,

inverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

Yes, you could setup an assistant in the ve.config software to turn off the inverter when an Aux input (temp input) is open or closed. You'd wire that to the relay in the BMV and when the SOC reaches 50%, you can have it turn off the inverter.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Gregory Cavanagh avatar image Gregory Cavanagh commented ·

Does that mean i won't be able to use Temp compensation?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic