question

helge avatar image
helge asked

Can I run with only one Multiplus ON in a 2x parallel Multiplus II 48/3000 configuration

I am evaluating using 2 x 48/3000 instead of 1 x 48/5000 in an off grid configuration for 2 reasons.

1. Safety - I need 230 VAC available for frost protection of my leisure home in the mountains of Norway

2. The Zero Load Power is only 10 W (for 1 x 48/3000 versus 18 W for the 48/5000 saving 100 Wh per day is significant in winter months with very little sunshine.

But it requires that I can run with only one Multiplus ON and the other one OFF or defect.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @helge@tordivel.no In a parallel configuration the system will give an error 4, no other device found if one device is lost on the Ve.Bus.. I am not sure if this can be disabled or the implications if left unattended. Some things you may wish to explore are switching AES on which will reduce the power consumption if loads are below a preset level. There are two levels and worth exploring to avoid having the one system turned off. Alternatively, you may consider creating two configurations for single and parallel, but then again I cannot be certain all the assistants will be restored. Hopefully someone with more knowledge or parallel systems can chip in.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.