question

maluva avatar image
maluva asked

multiplus compact 24/1600 inverter overheating

i recently installed a multiplus compact 24/1600 inverter and when on inversion, the fan run continuously for like 2 hours and stops for like 20 minutes and then starts again. when AC in is connected, the inverter starts humming and it overheats without starting the fan. what could be the problem? no assistants used.

inverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@maluva the most common cause of overheating that is not explainable by high ambient temperature is improper cable connection, undersized cabling, or off-brand circuit breakers/fuses/etc. Loose connections and/or poor crimps cause heat buildup, which causes increased resistance, which causes more heat, etc etc. Likewise with undersized or improper wiring; off-brand external fuses and breakers can cause a similar problem due to poor internal connections and off-spec internal resistances.

I recommend that you go through your wiring and make sure that it is all the proper gauge/proper stranding/proper crimps/ and that all connections are securely tightened to the recommended torque range.

Given -from your description- that the problem seems worse when inverting, I'd start at your battery terminal connections and work out from there. One single loose connection or poor crimp can cause the condition that you're describing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic