question

hoverjocki avatar image
hoverjocki asked

BMV 702 setup help

I have had my 702 for about 2 years and I am not sure what my setup parameters should be.
my house bank is 320ah total, 2 flooded 160ah in parallel.
I have attached a screen shot of my setup page. What I don’t understand is at what voltage should I synchronize the SOC to 100% and what is zero current calibration?

Thank you.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Hoverjocki, these parameters are appropriate for your system as described.

Manual SOC synchronization is rarely necessary; the BMV automatically synchronizes at the top of a complete charge cycle (battery bank down to ~<70%, charged back up to 100%).

Zero-current calibration is also never necessary under normal conditions; this is for use only when the BMV is reporting small + or - current when you know with absolute and utter certainty that there is not any current going into or out of the bank. In this case, you can press that button and the BMV will reset to 0.0 current. In 99.8% of cases, however, this button will never be used and should never be used because if that button is used when there truly is current being put in or taken out of the battery, the BMV will now be ignoring it and this will result in inaccurate SOC calculations.

Bottom line: what you show here is appropriate and you can leave it alone.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hoverjocki avatar image
hoverjocki answered ·

Thanks mate

2 |3000