question

arve avatar image
arve asked

Best MultiPlus for a toyhauler setup

Hi, new to Victron products. I'm looking to install a Victron charger/inverter setup for my toyhauler.

Looking for a 3000W setup, i'd like to power both phases of my dist.panel either from shore,gen or inverter.

My current setup: shorepower is 50A, generator is Onan 5500, 4x100A Battleborn batteries, flexmax 80 solar charger and 680W solar panels.

Any inputs would be appreciated..

thanks

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@Arve, please specify your DC voltage and your desired output AC voltage?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
ur12vman avatar image
ur12vman answered ·

@Arve

Making a couple assumptions here, since you didn't specify. keep in mind that Victron is a European company and power over there is very different than in the US.

assumption 1. You are in the US, with split phase 240V and the 50 amp is from campground shore power and your generator is also a 240V split. Split phase means you have three (4) wires coming in, 2-hots, black and red and a neutral, white. (and green earth safety ground) Measuring across black and red you read 240vac and between either black and white, or red and white you read 120vac.

assumption 2. You have your batteries at 12 volt so have 400ah available.

The only victron product that will do this is a Quattro 12/3000-120 and you will need 2 of them linked. Each one will provide one side of your 240 split phase and since the model number of 3000 is actually VA and not watts, you will end up with a 4.8kw system. (3000VA~2400 watts)

If you have your batteries wired 24V, then use model 24/3000 120.

Depending on your expected loads, I suspect that your battery bank is too small. If you load the inverters to max you will get less than 30 minutes from the battery bank. 12V x 100A =2400 Watt

The Quattro is nice because you can wire both your genset and shore power into the unit and it will switch automatically to the one with power available. There are also two outputs, one that will only operate if shore or gen is active (great for water heater, AC or other non essential loads) and the other will pass through and switch to inverter if external power is off.

Hope this helps

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.