question

rmadden avatar image
rmadden asked

How do we increase the AC output voltage on a Multiplus 48/5000/70 inverter

We need to increase the inverter output from 220V to 250V

voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@rmadden, I'm not even going to ask why you need to do this... just keep in mind that this is a very dangerous thing to do, and can potentially cause all kinds of problems in your system if you don't have an exceptionally good and valid reason for doing so.

That being said: Connect your MK3, open VictronConnect>Settings>Inverter, and click on "Inverter Output Voltage". The maximum voltage you can adjust this to is 245V, so hopefully that's close enough to what you need.

Please be exceptionally careful and understand that doing this might well release the magic smoke from anything that you have plugged in.

output-voltage.jpg (84.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kai avatar image kai ♦ commented ·

Australia nominally runs on 230v +10%/-6%. Western Australia's supply network for whatever reason seems to supply 240v +6%/-6%. In either case, 250v is kinda on the high side of the range; just because the supply network may give you 250v and get away with it, there's no need to set it at that level for equipment being powered by the multiplus, unless there is a very specific reason as per Justin's caveat.

0 Likes 0 ·
rmadden avatar image
rmadden answered ·

Thanks for your amazingly quick response Justin. It was very much appreciated. I am asking for my father who is sitting next to me :) At the moment our inverter is only 220 and the manual says it can go to 245v so we would be happy with this. I think the issue will be that my dad doesn't have the inverter connected to a computer at all. Is there any manual way to make this change or will he need to get a technician out. They live in the Kimberleys in Western Australia

3 comments
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@rmadden hmmmm good question... is the Multi connected to the internet via a GX device? I believe this should be possible to remotely set through the VRM... I haven't ever tried doing that in particular, but it should be possible.

Otherwise, no, you'd need a technician out or get yourselves an MK3 to USB Interface so that you can program the Multi as needed - I'd recommend the latter, since the MK3 is certainly going to be cheaper than a technician :-P

0 Likes 0 ·
rmadden avatar image rmadden Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Justin. OK so please don't laugh too loud, but my father has asked what a MK3 is and what would it look like. He has said that 'MK3' sounds familiar so maybe one came with the inverter and it is still in the shed in the 'not sure what this thing does'pile

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ rmadden commented ·

This is a MK3 interface:

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/interface-mk3-usb

You will also need a short RJ45 network cable.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic