question

salvic37 avatar image
salvic37 asked

100/15 Smartsolar unit bricked upon firmware update (fixed)

Today I opened the Victron app on my iPhone 8 and got a message to update the software, which I did so successfully. Then when I attempted to connect to my 100/15 Smartsolar I got a second message to update the firmware. I did so but got stuck at 66%. I attempted to quit but got the message not to do so, so I didn't. Then I got a 'firmware update failed' message. Since then, no lights, no connecting, no recognizing the smartsolar unit. Nothing. Appears to be bricked. Is there a way to reset the firmware? Hoping for a fix as I rely on my panels and the controller to keep my batteries topped off during winter layup.

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The first update was for the internal Bluetooth dongle the second one is for the MPPT itself.

Try to disconnect all cables (PV first) and reconnect them (battery first).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

salvic37 avatar image salvic37 commented ·

Thanks very much. I left it overnight, so presumably it shut itself off as though the PV cables had been disconnected, because when I came back today to update the firmware, it allowed me to proceed. This time the update was successful, so I'm back up and running again. Thanks for your speedy and helpful response. Much obliged!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic