question

Sean Miller avatar image
Sean Miller asked

Multiplus 24v/3000 not outputting AC power

Hi all,

just installed a multiplus 24/3000 for my travel trailer. 12v and 110v systems all turned on and were working properly and then 10 mins later the 110 stopped working all together (12v still working just fine).

I checked the obvious, breakers, gcif resets, basic connections. No luck.

anyone have anyother suggestions? Thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
Sean Miller avatar image
Sean Miller answered ·

I ended up tearing apart/tracking the existing wiring in the distribution panel and it ended up that one of the existing outlets had a loose connection and was short circuiting.

Once tightened and with a system reset all is working!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Any red error LED? Or any other LEDs on/blinking?

Can you measure the voltage at the Multis battery terminals?

1 comment
2 |3000

Sean Miller avatar image Sean Miller commented ·

No blinking red/ low battery indicator light, in fact all green all the time.

Voltage is 24v (floats between 24-26)

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

Did you connect the negative to an earth ground meaning grounded to the metal frame of you camper? It is required.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks for checking. Yes, I did.

0 Likes 0 ·
Charlie Johnson avatar image
Charlie Johnson answered ·

Recommend some basic troubleshooting;

1. Remove front cover.
  2. Use DMM on DC scale, measure voltage at B+/B- inside the Multi.
  3. Use DMM on AC scale, measure voltage between L > N, L > G and N > G at the screw connectors inside the Multi.
  4. Reinstall front cover.
  5. Come on back here with your findings.
2 |3000

kai avatar image
kai answered ·

Does restarting work and what loads did you have on it?

2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Sean Miller, I'd consider this a stupid question... except I've seen it happen more than once: did the switch get inadvertently flipped from "on" to "charger only"? That goes for the front physical switch and/or the switch on any remote you may have connected (CCGX, DMC, VE.Bus Bluetooth Dongle, etc.)

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks for the thought Justin. No stupid questions when you’re building a complete system from scratch.

I ended up tearing apart/tracking the existing wiring in the distribution panel and it ended up that one of the existing outlets had a loose connection and was short circuiting.

Once tightened and with a system reset all is working!

0 Likes 0 ·
Charlie Johnson avatar image
Charlie Johnson answered ·

@Sean Miller: Rapidly move palm of hand to forehead. Repeat!

Glad it was simple. Happy New Year!

2 |3000