question

christyler avatar image
christyler asked

Quattro not charging 24v 200Ah HE Lithium ion battries properly.

System, 24v 8kw Quattro ccgx lynx ion 1000A BMS, 4x lithium ion HE 24v 200ah. AC connected to AC 2, Generator connected to AC 1.

When I switch it all on, the Quattro bulk charges the battries to 100%.

Then if left unatended the Quattro goes to float and the battries slowly discharge down to 77% and stay there.

The charge profile is set to lithium batteries. The correct assistant is running.

Am I correct in saying that the battries should always be at 100% when the AC is connected.

All inverter functions and generator switching work normally

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Pat Davitt avatar image
Pat Davitt answered ·

I have an almost identical system, except mine runs at 48V. Assuming the Quattro, Lynx Ion BMS, and CCGX are all running the latest firmware I would look into setting up DVCC on your systsm. Using DVCC the Lynx Ion BMS controls the charging and the assistants to allow discharging and charging are not required.

I use DVCC on my system and it charges correctly. Read section 3 DVCC - Distributed Voltage and Current Control in the CCGX manual. URL is below:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start

Pat

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

christyler avatar image christyler commented ·

Thanks Pat,. I will give that a go.

What assistants are you using ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Pat Davitt avatar image Pat Davitt christyler commented ·

Just two, that control the K-1 Relay on the Quattro. The first turns on an external fan when the Quattro's fan starts, the second turns it off.

DVCC itself requires no assistants.

Pat

0 Likes 0 ·
christyler avatar image christyler Pat Davitt commented ·

yes it looks like that has done the trick, i am just bench testing at the moment, so will keep an eye on it for a few days.

Thanks for the help, Pat

0 Likes 0 ·
Pat Davitt avatar image
Pat Davitt answered ·

Sounds good. If you had setup the allowtocharge and allowtodischarge assistants, be sure to delete them. Also, disconnect the control wires from the BMS to the Quattro's Aux and Temp ports, if you had it wired that way.

The behavior I observed was:

Bulk charge to 95% SOC

Absorb charge to 100% with the amperage reducing to near zero.

Please see the below post about observed behavior of DVCC charging.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/2503/observed-behavior-of-system-components-with-dvcc-a.html?childToView=3212#answer-3212

Pat

2 |3000