question

lambish avatar image
lambish asked

Easysolar T-sence

Hi, i want to know if i can root the T-sence wire with the battery cable (200amps Max). In my previous Job, we've learned to not root the sense wire with the Power wire.

What do you think about that?

wiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

The temperature does not contain a thermal resistor, but it contains an integrated circuit temperature sensor.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lambish avatar image lambish commented ·

Thank you for Info, but, in this case the sensor current was not "disturbed" by the hall effet due to current in the battery wire?

0 Likes 0 ·
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ lambish commented ·

Can you explain what you mean with "root" the wire in your original question?

0 Likes 0 ·
lambish avatar image lambish Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry, i made a mistake, it's route*

0 Likes 0 ·
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ lambish commented ·

Thanks, it makes sense now. It is ok to route the temp sensor wires with the main battery cables. The Hall effect will not influence the temperature reading.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I think the T-sense is a simple thermal resistor so it should be safe.
At the MultiPlus Compact the T-sense wire is tied at the negative wire by default.

2 |3000

Related Resources