question

cruisertom avatar image
cruisertom asked

Mppt sitting in float and not showing any amp or wattage?

Hi,

We have solar(3panels) running through 100/50 mppt charger to 2 x 140amp batteries in parallel. We are currently not getting any reading on the app for amps from batterie or solar. Also the mppt seems to only sit on float ????? We randomly get 1w max sometimes.?

We have a 12v fridge which is on constantly and have plugged a tool battery charger into our inverter to see if the victron app shows any draw but still nothing?

Thanks in advance i’m new to all this but enjoying having a crack at it.

Tom

From smokey NSW Australia

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@CruiserTom, the fact that your minimum vbatt is showing as .01v every day is a very good indication that there is likely more than one thing amiss with your setup.

First thing is to double-check all your connections, from battery to controller and controller to PV array. The fact that the controller is showing a low battery voltage of 0.01v day to day indicates that your connection between the controller and the battery isn't good, whether it's a bad crimp, a loose connection, or perhaps a blown fuse at the battery. If the connection between controller and battery isn't good, the controller won't charge the battery... which could well be why the controller isn't harvesting anything right now. It can't charge the batteries if it doesn't have a good connection to them, which means that the app will show 0 watts/0 amps being harvested.

Second thing (or at the same time as you're checking the first, really) to check is that you don't have polarity reversed on your PV connection; a solid percentage of the time my customers report 0 PV harvest, it's because they have the polarity reversed at the controller.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cruisertom avatar image cruisertom commented ·

Cheers Justin ,

I will double check that and hopefully that does it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ cruisertom commented ·

I'm for 95% sure it is a blown fuse.

0 Likes 0 ·
cruisertom avatar image cruisertom Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thanks m. Lange that was one of the problems

0 Likes 0 ·
cruisertom avatar image
cruisertom answered ·

So it was blown fuse at battery. Battery voltage was showing but nothing from panels.

So went through the panel connections and found one connection loose.
thanks heaps guys.

2 |3000