question

nickvanbitz avatar image
nickvanbitz asked

Victron BMV712 Mid-Voltage warning on a Lithium

HI,

I have disabled the Mid-Voltage Buzzer on the app for Mid-Volt warnings on the BMV, but am still getting the warning come up on the display and on the App. It's currently fitted to a single 100AH Lithium Battery with built-in BMS that is performing flawlessly, so my question is to I have an issue with the BMV/Shunt, or am I missing a trick with setting up the BMV?? I have followed all the instructions laid out in the manuals and still I have the warnings come up on the display.

Cheers in advance

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ยท

Hi @nickvanbitz. What battery do you use and is it connected to a GX device? Just trying to collect some more info as typically if the battery is tested Victron compatible, it is managed via the DVCC and no BMV is required.

0 Likes 0 ยท
1 Answer
nickvanbitz avatar image
nickvanbitz answered ยท

It isn't connected up to any GX systems. The Battery is a Sterling AL100 Li unit, fitted in a Motorhome/Camping-Car. As the Motorhome's display is merely a Voltmeter, the customer wanted a more accurate way of knowing what is going on with his battery.

We have done this install time-and-time over with no issues, but find it bizarre that this particular install has flagged a strange and unusual fault.

Set-up is as follows:

• Sterling AL100 Li Battery
  • Victron BMV 712
  • Victron Smart-Solar MPPT Regulator
  • Voltronic DC-DC 45amp charger - Programmed to Li Profile (Pre-Installed to the Motorhome)
  • Voltronic 45A mains charger - Programmed to Li Profile (Pre-Installed to the Motorhome.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ยท

Usual questions jump to mind, What is different from other installs? Were they Li and is the Peukert value set to 1.05? Do you have another BMV you can try? Does it run the latest firmware? What is the aux input set to? Did you configure it from the app or on the monitor? Is the app up to date? What is the mid point alarm clear value, (default 1.5)? My gut suggests the software has an issue or the aux setting is wrong. Also may require power off to "reboot" but all this should really not be necessary. Could also be worth resetting to defaults and start clean if not already done. All else fails, it is a warranty return.

0 Likes 0 ยท