question

cadoxa avatar image
cadoxa asked

Charging my Batteries at off peak hours

Hi, have anyone implemented something like this ? I will be installing soon a Quattro 48/8000VA Inverter + Smart Solar MPPT Charge Controller 250V/100A + Color Control GX and 24KW of livePo4 batteries. I what my inverter or my charger to charge my batteries during the night (off peak hours), when the weather prediction for the next day might be cloudy or rainy. Is this doable ?

Thanks

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ยท

Hi @Cadoxa With the latest versions 2.33 upwards of GX software you have the option to configure scheduled charging in the ESS section. Naturally you will be running the ESS assistant to be able to use it. I use it to charge my batteries off-peak every day for consumption during the day.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cadoxa avatar image
cadoxa answered ยท

Hi ejrossouw, thanks for your reply, I will look in to it ass son as the installation goes live. Do you have any idea if it is possible for the Inverter / Charger to predict the weather forecast for the next day an depending on the weather charge different percentages of the batteries, for instance; if cloudy charge 30% if rainier charge 60% ?

Best

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ยท

That is not possible today and unlikely to be soon. Maybe set a sustain voltage to ensure your needs are covered by grid charging if the solar was not enough during the day. Apply the logic the other way around ;)

0 Likes 0 ยท