question

julian-s avatar image
julian-s asked

Strange values with the new Venus OS v2.40

Hi,
Managing a facility with a charger MPPT blue solar, a color control GX and a BYD B-Box Pro battery, an issue has occurred with the firmware update. Namely, on 11th December the firmware of the GX was updated from v2.33 to new release v2.40. From that update, the graphic in the VRM portal showed strange peaks. Due to this fact, downloable data from VRM was examined and it was found that there are unexpected stored samples. In other words, the sample time configured for the data storage through VRM is 1 minute, however, within one minute there are various samples, indeed, some of them are empty. This issue was not observed in data previous to the firmware update.
Apart from that, in the GX screen sometimes it can be observed that information referred to the BYD battery (in the Devices list) is "No connected", which disappears rapidly.
On the view of these issues, the firmware was downgraded to the previous versión (2.33) and such issues were solved.
Has anyone experienced the same or similar problems related to the firmware update?
Thanks you in advance,
regards.

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Julian_s, thanks! We're looking into this. Matthijs / Victron.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Julian_s, just now we released v2.41, which fixes a communication issue with BYD batteries.

I'm quite sure it fixes your issue. More details here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2019/12/20/venus-os-v2-41-fixing-byd-communications-and-more/

Could you do me a favour and let me know if installing that solves your issue? Thank you, Matthijs

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic