question

lucia avatar image
lucia asked

Only alarm led ON- multiplus 2000

Hello everyone!

I'm working with the Victron Energy Multiplus 12/2000/80 in a hybrid system (solar and grid). The thing is that when I put the inverter ON, the green led lights up and the alarm led blinks for a few seconds. Then the alarm led is continuously on and the green led is off. Any idea why this happens?

Thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

There are three types of errors:
1. overload
2. temperature
3. low battery

1. Are there any AC loads connected to the output of the Multi? If yes try to disconnect them. If no, it's not a overload error.

2. I don't think it is a temperature error, for this the Multi must be very hot.

3. Can you measure the battery voltage at the terminals inside the Multi?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lucia avatar image lucia commented ·

Thank you very much for your answer

I think it might be because of the battery, but I still don't understand one thing:

The system has 6 batteries of 2V, so 12 V in total. When I connect the inverter to the computer with VEConfig, the software says that the Udc is 13.1, but the SOC is 0 %, how can this be possible??

Thank you so much!

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ lucia commented ·

It will read 0% SOC if it has no idea what the SOC is, like the first time a battery is connected to the device. There is no way to determine the SOC at that point.

The only time it can know SOC is when the battery has completed a charge cycle. It can then be certain that the battery is now at 100%. It can set this as a SOC and then start counting down from there when energy starts to flow out of the battery,

Make sure that your battery capacity is correctly set in the configuration.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

And if the Multi can't see the solar (whatever that is) then it can never register a rise in SOC. Destined to remain at zero..

0 Likes 0 ·