question

Doug Foskey avatar image
Doug Foskey asked

2 Phase Solar Edge Installation: connecting 2nd inverter

24H Solar just installed Zenaji Batteries with CCGX & Multiplus 2, 5Kw inverter to my existing Solar Edge 5Kw (+5Kw) installation. I have a second 5Kw Solar Edge inverter on Phase 2. Is it possible to add this second inverter so it can be monitored with my CCGX? (This uses the Metering used with the Solar Edge, but I am using a 3 phase meter with the Victron install, so basic phase info is available, but I would like more access to inverter info.) We are only allowing Islanding on one phase.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Dougo

If the GX device sees the first PV inverter, the second should also work, -if- SolarEdge plays nicely and follows Sunspec standards..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Doug Foskey avatar image
Doug Foskey answered ·

Solved! Thanks. Found the problem: the Network was not set correctly, hence not seen.

(This was formerly 2 linked Solar Edge Inverters, using RS485. When moved to the Victron setup, the Ethernet was connected, but the S/E setup was not updated. Both inverters now on Ethernet)

1 comment
2 |3000

evhaandel avatar image evhaandel commented ·

Hi Dougo,

I have also a second SolarEdge inverter installed but I'm having trouble getting the second inverter visible in the Victron system. Do I understand correctly that you have the SE inverters connected with RS485 to each other and both inverters are connected to ethernet?

I have connected both SE Inverters with RS485 to each other and only the RS485 master is connected to ethernet. But that doesn't seem to work.

Could you share the steps you have taken or your settings on the SE inverters?

Thanks,

Emiel

0 Likes 0 ·