question

fairline avatar image
fairline asked

BMV 712 When can i say that batteries are full?

When can i say that batteries are full? When SOC are 100% or when charged power(amps) are close to zero? See pitcure

BMV Battery Monitor
1576226749945.png (259.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ยท

Hi FL. The Amps is the go-to number. 'Close to zero' needs more definition, depending on the batts and their behavior but maybe 1% to 2% of Amps compared with the batt capacity in Ah. (for Pb's).

So your 25.6A, even though you haven't described your batts, isn't there yet. And may actually be a looong way off 100%.

SOC is a calculated figure, and the BMV must be set up correctly to produce a useful figure. An onerous procedure it may seem, but until it's done, ignore the SOC.

That 'tail' % is actually one of the figures you'll need to supply it for it to sync correctly.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-BMV-700-700H-702-712-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE-PT-IT.pdf

Have fun..

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fairline avatar image fairline commented ยท

I have flooded batteries 700 amp capasity. Charge amps around 5 amps, monitor have standard upset. I find it difficult to understand what i have to do to get it correct..

0 Likes 0 ยท
JohnC avatar image JohnC โ™ฆ fairline commented ยท

5A into 700Ah would indicate to me 100% SOC, IF holding at the same time a suitable V (say float) level.

To understand all this stuff, delve to the manual. I did say 'onerous', but it's all pretty much there. There may be parts you can skip if they don't apply to you, but there aren't any shortcuts available for much of it if you're going to diy-it..

0 Likes 0 ยท