question

clogman avatar image
clogman asked

Help with MultiPlus alarm notification

Hi I have a Victron MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100 used in a utility backup solution, which has been working fine. Recently I received two alarm notifications per email: 'Overload L1 on VE.Bus System' and 'High discharge current warning on Battery Monitor', followed by two emails 1 minute later: 'High discharge current warning cleared on Battery Monitor' and 'Overload L1 cleared on VE.Bus System'. Is this something to be concerned about? Have never had them before. Many thanks

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi C. With both devices picking it up, fair to say it 'probably happened'. I woudn't be concerned, just raised awareness. If it recurs, maybe time to check out the downstream appliances that might be causing it.

I see this too very occasionally, and am almost certain it's a water pressure pump that might be dying.

At worst, an ac short-circuit or something silly. Who knows, that email could save your life? But don't panic, just raised awareness, hey..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.