question

rkuris avatar image
rkuris asked

Can I buy just a shunt PCB for BMV-712?

Hi, due to some unexpected water damage, my circuit board for my shunt has been destroyed.

Where can I buy a new PCB? The shunt itself is fine.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Yes I believe that the BMV current shunt PCB IS available for purchase individually as spare part.

Here is a link to an Australian Victron dealer that stocks and sells it;

https://www.outbackmarine.com.au/replacement-board-for-victron-shunt-bmv-xx2-versio

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Oh wow that's cool... we can't even order them separately here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Maybe that dealer has access to certain spares or maybe he is splitting up full BMV's - I don't know.

I just recall seeing the PCB for sale individually from that dealer a while ago and had another quick look for it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Mark ♦♦ commented ·

I accidentally received two boxes (total 12 or so) a couple of years ago, and haven't run out yet, made some people happy with them locally. (I tried to order only the display part of it...)

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Rkuris, unfortunately the PCBA is not available for individual sale; your best course of action is to contact the distributor from whom you originally purchased the device and inquire about getting a replacement PCBA. Given that the fault is caused by water damage it's not technically a warranty issue, but there's a very good chance that your distributor will have an extra PCBA laying around or will be able to work with you to get a replacement.

If you're unable to locate your original purchase information to identify your distributor, Victron has a handy tool for locating the original seller based upon your device serial number.

1 comment
2 |3000

Indeed, if the distributor doesn't carry it, look for a distributor that also does repairs.

I've replaced a couple myself also in the past. sometimes it's very difficult to shield them enough from the environment.

0 Likes 0 ·
rkuris avatar image
rkuris answered ·

Thanks everyone! PKYS was able to help me and is sending the part. This time the shunt PCB is getting an enclosure.

2 |3000