question

tonyoputa avatar image
tonyoputa asked

How to solve error 1300 on remote VE Configure?

Each time I try to download the VEConfigure files from my remote system to my computer, using the tool on VRM, I get an error code 1300 after a while. My CCGX is running v2.22

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Tony, we tracked this down to be a networking issue. Lowering the MTU size on the CCGX from 1500 to 1492 fixed it. Both Remote Console and Remote VEConfigure work fine now. I made a temporary fix on your system that set the MTU to 1492 after booting.

Technically speaking this means that there is some issue in your internet connection. It should not be necessary to change MTU on the Venus-device.

However, these MTU issues can be real hard to solve. So; rather then sending you on a journey to fix the MTU issue in your network; or trying to have your ISP fix it; we'll make a change in the next Venus release that fixes it; in case you're interested; you can follow the progress here in the issue. I expect a new Venus OS version to be available within 3 to 6 weeks.

To learn what MTU is; see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit

UPDATE: A note on Error 1300: that error is a generic `something went wrong error`. Which means that not everybody that is seeing that error has the same issue as @tony.oputa@gmail.com had.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tonyoputa avatar image tonyoputa commented ·

Thank you for the fix, I appreciate the support

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Error 1300 has come up before. We don't know how your system is set up of course, but the thread linked below goes into an amount of detail that may apply to your situation.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/452/vrm-firmware-update-not-working-error-code-1300-mq.html

6 comments
2 |3000

Some info on my system. I have a 10kva Quattro, an 8.2kw Fronius Primo connected to the AC out of the Quattro, 2v OPzV batteries. I also have 30 solar panels (nominal power is 8,200w). All connected to a CCGX running Venus OS 2.22. The CCGX as well as the Fronius are connected using LAN cables

The error started recently and also remote console stopped working with the update to Venus OS 2.22.

The link you sent was not helpful to my situation.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ tonyoputa commented ·

Hey Tony; whats the name of the system on vrm? I can then login and have a look; please also enable remote support to allow me access.

0 Likes 0 ·
tonyoputa avatar image tonyoputa mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks

The name on VRM is OputaCGE. Remote support is enabled

0 Likes 0 ·

I have a second system similar in all respects except that I use a Venus GX instead of a Color Control GX. This systems works well on OS 2.22, no error 1300

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ tonyoputa commented ·

Hi Tony, I logged in; and had a look around; and I see something going wrong but I don't know why yet. I did experience some sort of reproducable ssh connection disconnects; which I don't understand. Could be an internet connection problem. What kind of connection is the system on?

And is it the same connection as the other system which does work well?

I've asked someone else to look into it further; I'll keep you posted; I'll do that from our support mailbox; not here on community.

0 Likes 0 ·
tonyoputa avatar image tonyoputa mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the support thus far.

The second system is in a different location about 800km away and not on the same network.

At the affected site, I use a fibre connection for internet. This connected to a Netgear Nighthawk 8300 router. The CCGX is connected by wire (CAT5 cable) to LAN switch which is in turn connected to the router using a 30m CAT6 cable. Everything worked until the update to OS2.22. I tried to downgrade to OS2.20 but still the same error.

Thanks for the download but it is of no use if I cannot upload it.

0 Likes 0 ·
andreas-silberbauer avatar image
andreas-silberbauer answered ·

@Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff)

I have also the problem with error 1300 when i download or upload the CE configure.

-)firmware version on gx device: 2.92

-) communication on vrm portal is online

-) two way communication is on

-) remote support enable

It was already working, but this error message has been coming up for a few days. Settings have not changed since then

1 comment
2 |3000

pv-willi87 avatar image pv-willi87 commented ·

same here !

It´s always when "Read assistants"

1675712332076.png

... the error message pops up:

1675712385209.png

MPPT 150/70 rev2 v3.13

Cerbo GX v2.92 large

MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48 v501

0 Likes 0 ·
1675712332076.png (8.1 KiB)
1675712385209.png (10.1 KiB)