question

cookie avatar image
cookie asked

Unable to update MPPT 75/15

While trying to access the status of my controller, the stats page I wanted was immediately overlaid with another screen saying I need to update to continue using the app. At the bottom of that page is a button marked UPDATE which does not initiate any update or anything else.

The back arrow also does nothing and the app itself is apparently now frozen. I am unable to proceed after several further attempts and scouring the online trouble shooting guide + this forum.

What are my next steps?

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ttbb avatar image
ttbb answered ·

Could it be theres are two different updates? The button is possibly a firmware update for the MPPT and not to update the app?

If the screen said you need an update to continue using the app then that may be why the app is not working.

For the sake of diagnostic just uninstall the app and reinstall it form the app store. If the app then works you may find there is a firmware update for the MPPT.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cookie avatar image
cookie answered ·

I was trying to update the device, not the app.

Turns out there must have been some issues with the app as others have since reported problems. The app was updated the next day and I was able to install 2 updates to the device.

I think it would be a good idea if the app still worked when an update was available and not disabled by the update notice.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic