question

Michael Schmidt avatar image
Michael Schmidt asked

Multiplus II 5000 internal temperature

Hello,

is it possible to read out the internal multiplus temperature?

i need it because i have the multiplus in a case because of heavy noises.

so i would like to start external fans with this temperature.

best regards

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ยท

What you can do is to trigger additional external fans for the enclosure when the Multiplus internal fan is activated.

To do this use the 'programmable relay' assistant and select 'Fan' as the switch condition.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2014/02/07/veconfigure3-assistants-update/

Then use one of the internal Multiplus relays to trigger the external fan (potentially though another larger relay).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michael Schmidt answered ยท

Hello Mark,

this is a very good idea!

Should i use the relay directly? (K1 230v 0.1A)

i cant find the relay specifications in manual.

best regards

Michael

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

K1 is not potential free it gives you + and - rated at 100mA.
If you want to use K1 you should connect there a electronic relay like an Eltako ER61-UC.

Or you use the AUX relay (manual appendix A - D) this relay is rated for 230V AC 4A, 35V DC 4A or 60V DC 1A.

1 Like 1 ยท
Michael Schmidt answered ยท

@ M.Lange,

ok thanks for the information.

So the aux relay is the external ground relay from Appendix A?

and wich one is to select in ve configure?

best regards

Michael

relais2.jpg (220.1 KiB)
relais.jpg (77.4 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

Von ihrem Namen her dachte ich mir schon, das sie aus Deutschland sind, aber nach dem Screenshot von VE.config in deutsch bin ich mir sicher. :)

Nein, mit AUX Relais meine ich das AUX Relais. Die blauen Anschlรผsse rechts neben AC IN.
Punkt D in dem Bild von Anhang A. Das ist ein Wechslerrelais mit NO, NC und COM.

Beim Relais Assistenten ist das dann das oberste "primรคre Relais". Aber daran denken, das man noch einen weiteren Assistenten zum ausschalten braucht.

Bei dieser Programmierung startet der externe Lรผfter sobald der interne startet und lรคuft 60s nach, nachdem der interne Lรผfter abgeschaltet wurde.

Hinter dem "external ground relay" steckt eine feste Programmierung fรผr ein externes Erdungsralay (Verbindung N und PE im Wechelrichterbetrieb), die man aber nicht รคndern kann.

0 Likes 0 ยท
multi-lufter.png (16.6 KiB)