question

dook avatar image
dook asked

Can i update my multi's firmware through ethernet or through my VE bus smart dongle. I do 't wanna buy a expensive mk2 or 3 dongle for only one firmware upgrade.

Hello there,

is it possible to upgrade the firmware of my Multi compact 12/1600 with processor number 2606152. Without buying a expensive mk2 or mk3 usb kabel? Because i just bought a VE.bus smart dongle.
so could i connect through ethernet or so?

hope anyone can help me.

Regards,

Dook

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ยท

Updating the firmware of VE.Bus devices is currently only possible with a MK2/MK3.

Maybe you can find a dealer/installer near to you that and he can do that for you or borrow you a MK2/MK3 or sell you an "old/used" one.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dook avatar image dook commented ยท

Thanks for your answer. And i have called different dealers (Dekkers watersport and George Kniest) in Holland, but they don't know how to update the firmware?! So they wanne 'try' it, but they don't dare to tell me what it is gonna cost me because they don't know how long It takes, Very strange.

so I keep searching for a company or people who really knows what he /she is doing, when working on my Multi.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ dook commented ยท

Backing up the setting, doing the update and restoring the settings would take me about 5 minutes. ;)
But unfortunately I'm in Germany (in the middle of Saxony). :)

0 Likes 0 ยท