question

gerald avatar image
gerald asked

Multiplus 24/2000 : wrong charger voltage detection

Hello

I'm using a Multiplus 24/2000 to charge batteries with solar and sometimes with external powersupply. But since few weeks, Multiplus doesn't charge my batteries when I turn on my external powersupply. So I've checked parameters with VE Configure and I can see that input voltage received by Multiplus is only 125/130V instead of 220V provided by the powersupply. I can measure 220V on Multiplus connector for AC In. When I've installed Multiplus, I've disabled UPS function and set PowerAssit factor to 1.2

I've tested to reset default parameters and then disable UPS and set PowerAssist factor to 1.2 but it still doesn't work.

Does anybody can help me for this issue ?

Best regards

Gerald

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Gerald

What source are you using for supply?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Gerald

There are two voltage systems the Victron inverters are set up for 120V, as used in USA, and 240V as used in Europe. It sounds as though you have the 120V inverter, as far as I am aware the voltage parameters cannot be adjusted up enough to take the 220V, just as the 240V systems cannot be adjusted down enough to take the 120V. Even if you are able to program them as a qualified installer and have all the correct equipment.

2 |3000