question

fenix avatar image
fenix asked

Drop out of Amp Smart Solar MPPT 100-50

Has any one had this problem?

Drop out of Amp Smart Solar MPPT 100-50 see the graph...

Amp as drop to Zero? The Truck camper did not move, the sky has some cloud but still have light..

i had to reset the Smart charger with the breaker that is install in before the Changer

Strange

MPPT Controllers
1575055293158.png (68.0 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Post a snapshot of the charger state.

0 Likes 0 ·
fenix avatar image fenix klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Is it this

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ fenix commented ·

This would be more useful.

Soc is good though.

0 Likes 0 ·
charger-state.jpg (14.4 KiB)
2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Fenix, I've seen similar occurrences in several cases and in each case, the cause was a defective connection (or a defective breaker/fuse) somewhere in the chain. I would start at your panels and work your way back to the controller, testing each connection to make sure that you have good crimps, tight connectors, the wire is good, and any breakers/fuses are name-brand and appropriately rated, then (if all that checks out) work your way from the controller to the battery following the same procedure.

Looking at the graph, the drop-out of current combined with the spike in voltage indicates that the controller stopped applying load to the PV input for a period of time; the typical reason for doing this (in my experience) is a loose connection, bad crimp, or knockoff breaker or other component on the PV side that's overheating, causing the controller to throttle itself to avoid damage to the system. It's equally possible that the defect is on the battery side, however, as the effect will be the same when the controller throttles itself.

Bottom line: start at one end and work your way to the other checking for any loose connections, bad crimps (you should be able to apply at least 50lbs of pull to a crimp without it moving) or components that may be overheating. Remember that anything short of a solid connection is going to generate heat, so if you have a handheld IR thermometer or FLIR attachment for your phone, those will be invaluable tools in troubleshooting.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fenix avatar image
fenix answered ·

I will do that

Tks you so much

2 |3000