question

nebulight avatar image
nebulight asked

SmartSolar 100/50 adding panels as ground deploy

I want to run an idea by this group. I have a camper van with 300w of solar on the roof wired in parallel. I can get a deal on the same panels to add two more. With no room on the roof, I was thinking about doing a ground deploy. I was thinking about getting a zamp (SAE) external hookup and place it in the rear next to my AC shore hookup, then run a wire from there up to my roof combiner so I can use the same charge controller (100/50). Do you guys see any problems with doing this? I know adding another controller is the preferred method, but I've got a full electrical compartment and no room to add another controller. The panels will be the same spec so there shouldn't be differences between voltage. The only thing I can think would be an issue would be the voltage drop but with 10awg wire, I don't think that should be an issue with such a short run.

solar
1574716764601.png (2.4 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

As long as the aux connection is fused and you are using the same panel, you will have no issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic