question

Jonathan Phillips avatar image
Jonathan Phillips asked

My Blue Solar MPPT 150/70 charge controller's digital display seems to be malfunctioning.

All digits and images are not fully displayed any more. The device is still functioning properly as far as I can tell. I think it is about 6 years or more old.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ยท

@Jonathan Phillips, if the display is over 5 years old it's out of warranty by now, but I'd suggest contacting the distributor from whom you purchased it to see if they'd be willing to work with you on getting a replacement display. Depending on the display manufacture date, it may still be under warranty, or perhaps the distributor will be willing to make you a deal on a replacement display (they don't generally cost terribly much).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jonathan Phillips avatar image
Jonathan Phillips answered ยท

Thank you. I bought the CC on eBay a long time ago and I don't have a record of who I purchased it from. Am I able to order a new display and replace it myself or do I need to give it it a distributor to fix?

Regards

Jon

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

@Jonathan Phillips Hmmmm that's a good question... your model is older than the ones I typically deal with so I'm not sure right offhand.

Is your display mounted to the chassis of the MPPT itself (like the SmartSolar 150/xx with pluggable displays) or actually built into the chassis (like the BlueSolar CAN-Bus 150/70s) or is it the round MPPT Control that looks a lot like a BMV-7xx?

Victron has a super-handy way of finding your distributor by looking up the serial number of your unit; I'm not positive how far back it goes (your unit's serial might pre-date that system), but it's worth a shot: https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/?is_next=www.victronenergy.com

0 Likes 0 ยท