question

jeff lemon avatar image
jeff lemon asked

setting up BMV-712

Hi , i have a 12v battery bank made up of 6x2v sacred sun lead carbon batteries , i want to install a BMV 712 , i have bought the unit & been looking at the diagram for mid point monitoring , i qasked the people i bought the batteries from and they no , but im looking at the diagram & it seems you can , can this be done & if so is it a better way , also in the manual it says there settings to change when setting up for sloar but doesnt say which & how , so i have a battery bank with 720 amphrs /12vlt i want to monitor SOC current in & current out amphrs used & amphrs left .

the stuff the manual talks about tail crrrent , threshold current ect , im just an ordinary layman .

i also have a battery protect low voltage disconect in the system instaled on the instrument board it is aprox 1mtr from the battery bank with circut breakers infront of it so it disenergises when ever i isolate the instrument ie when i go away i isolate the circut board , should it be infront of the breakers or behind the breakers .

regards from jeffatch

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The BMV should be on the battery side of the breakers so that its powered at all times.

yes mid point monitoring would be possible on the two batteries connected in series. just follow the instructions in the bmv manual

there is no setting change needed for solar on the bmv

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic