question

josecamposaust avatar image
josecamposaust asked

Multiplus2 and BYD.Firmware 466 problems

Did a job w/ Multiplus2 and BYD.Updated the firmware to 466 with Victron Connect.The Multi went nuts,running the fan,drawing rapidly fluctuating amps from the battery,wildly importing/exporting from the mains,etc.

Changed firmware on the BYD's to V4.4.12 and V2.V4.25 on the BMU.No luck.Reloaded 466 again,still no luck.

In the end had to go to Victron Professional,get firmware 459,use VE Flash to load it and problem solved.ESS assistant is being used and BYD settings as advised.

Anyone had problems with 466?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @josecamposaust

I've not seen any of such issues yet, but can you tell me the VRM name / id so we can look into it further if necessary?

What grid-code are / were you using?

feed-in allowed?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

josecamposaust avatar image josecamposaust commented ·

Yes Australia's grid code,yes feed in allowed and sorry no internet and as such no VRM.Anyway ,no stress ,it's all been resolved with 459.It's happened before with other firmware's,just to let other blokes know,what to do if it happens to them.

0 Likes 0 ·
josecamposaust avatar image
josecamposaust answered ·

Tried 2628467 and the same happens!.

Hi Daniel,I'll try to duplicate the setup on a Internet connected Multiplus 2 if you want to have a look.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @josecamposaust,

I have a suggestion, it may be to do specifically with the Australian Grid code settings.

Next time it occurs, in VEConfigure, make sure that the reactive power setting matches as shown below:

alt text

I have seen it occur once, and I am not sure what is the trigger for this setting to be so wrong by default on some units.

If the setting IS DIFFERENT to what is shown, please take a screen shot, and post it back here. You can then change the setting to match and it should return to normal operation.

1 Like 1 ·