question

leeankuo avatar image
leeankuo asked

Victron Energy Blue Power Panel

Dear Cruiser,

New cruiser request help.

I have a Victron Energy Blue Power Panel that is connected to my Victron Quattro Inverter and my Nothern Light 5kW generator.

My questions are:

1) Quattro manual indicates that Genset should be installed as AC1 (in/out) while Shore Power should be AC2 (in/out). However, the previous owner had AC1 to be Shore Power instead of Genset as indicated in the manual.

My question is does it matter AC1/2 setup deviates from the Quattro manual? I “assume” not but want to be extra careful.

2). When running Genset, I receive current for charging my battery as well as it produces alternative current for the boat.

However, Victron Energy Blue Power Panel shows it is generating electricity from Shore Power instead of Genset. When using the Shore Power, the Panel still shows Shore Power.

The panel manual clearly shows that it can display either Shore or Genset power depending on the source.

While operationally, I am “fine” as I receive electricity, again I want to ask:

A. Has anyone encounter this discrepancy before?

B. Can someone confirm that this is NOT something that I need to worry about? I don’t think I would but like to get 2nd opinion.

C. If there is a fix then please share.

Thanks in advance fellow cruiser.

Regards,

Generatorblue power panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic