question

ripper avatar image
ripper asked

SmartSolar 100/20 lost bluetooth

Hi,

I tend to blame a recent update on my solarcharger for lost bluetooth connectivity. Right after the update, the connection process took 3 times as long, hanging at a certain percentage forever and then again while populating the numbers on the overview for a couple of enerving weeks.Last week it has stopped working altogether.

Till a full disconnect from battery it was found by Victron Connect but would get stuck at 20%, I could unpair and pair as often as I wanted, it never asked for the Pin. Now it asks for the Pin, can be paired and unpaired, but doesn't show in Victron Connect. Multiple always working devices tested, the BMV is still online.

Although I know there should be no forced updates of the software anymore, I could not find a way to get around the prompt the other week. I am very much over this whole automatic update stuff which may alter my set adjustments (load output was altered and set to battery life, I am pretty sure I have not set it to, since it doesn't make sense)and possibly has other detrimental effects. How do I stop it from happening?

Also is the unit broken and needs to be send in or can I reset it otherwise?

Cheers Michel

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@ripper

To prevent the prompt for updates for firmware you simply prevent victron connect itelf from updating. So disable updates if it an app disable auto updates.

If you are pairing and upaieing then the bluetooth is working.

Have you tried a full power cycle. Where you shut it all down. Wait for about 30 minutes and re start everything?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers