question

jibap avatar image
jibap asked

Percentage grow up too fast

I observed an inconsistency of readings on my supervision, indeed the curve of percentage of charge went from 86% to 100% in a single blow (10 mins which is my sending frequency) while the sunshine was decreasing, here is a picture to illustrate:

Thanks

BMV Battery Monitor
pv-error.jpg (215.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

this is working as designed. Please have a look in the manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-BMV-700-700H-702-712-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE-PT-IT.pdf

Page 12 2.2

This is called automatic batterie synchronisation. The BMV assumes that the batterie is fully charged if the exceeds a specified voltage for a specified time and a specified tail current.

These three parameters can be changed regarding your needs.

Hope it helps

Jens

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jibap avatar image
jibap answered ·

Thanks for answered,

I knew this information but i didn't made the link with my issue...

So, i've to edit my BMV config... i'm not sure to know how to do this !

Here is my current config (for 8 batteries Rolls S550-6V)

Thanks for helping !

config-victron.png (297.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

As i am not able to read fench i hope i interpret the right values:

The actual settings say: if the charge current is below 4% of the max amperage (428A = 17,12 Amp) for more than 3 minutes the BMV assumes a full charge.

You have to change either the amperage or the time (maybe both). I did not check the voltage -> hope the value is right.

Hope it helps.

Jens

2 |3000

jibap avatar image
jibap answered ·

After read my history, the max voltage (minutes before "float" state) is : 57.3V and charge is below 2% . I will edit my config with theses values.

Thanks for helped ! hope it will help others

2 |3000

fesolar avatar image
fesolar answered ·

for information, i had answer you in a french forum !

change all parameters as i tall you and it will look better !

br thierry

1 comment
2 |3000

jibap avatar image jibap commented ·

I know ! i answer here to let a response (with your recommendations) , in case of anyone has the same issue

0 Likes 0 ·